- Festival features Sounds From Near And Far
- Sany Oktoberfest 2005 takes plave Fryday trough Sunday, Sept 9-11,
on the ground s of St.Michael'sCatholic Church, 18080 SE Langensand
- The event features music, foodand beer in the Biergarten, a
Weingarten, a Microgarten, a Kindergarten, crafts and food booths and
the Crusin 'Car Show.
- Hours are 6 to 10 p.m. Friday, noon to 10 p.m. Saturday and noon to
6 p.m. Sunday.
- There will be free tasting in the Weingarten and
- Admission to the Biergarten is $3. and childeren 12 and younger
are admitted free. Parking is $3.. Minors are not permitted in the
Weingarten or the Microgarten, but they will find a lots of fun in
the Kindergarten. All Performances are in the Biergarten.
- Performers are:
- Hub'n Bub'n -The Hub'n Bub'n (pronounced "hoobin-boobin"hail
from Maastricht in the Netherlands. They were formed in 1987 with
the intention of playing Oberkrainer ("oom pa pa") music. This type
of music is know characteristcally by it's combination of bass,
accordeon, guitar, trumpet, clarinet and flugehorn, and is commonly
know to Americnas as Oktoberfest- style music.
- With three CDs currently in release in Europe, and winner of
multuplay peoples favorites awards in their home country the
Hub'n Bub'n have become a regular band on the festival circuit
in Germany, Austria and Italy. It is with great pride that the
Sandy Oktoberfest brings the Hub'n Bub'n to the United States
for their first ever performance in America. With the Hub'n
Bub'n playing this years festival, it will truly have that
- LynnMarie & the Boxhounds -
Returning for her second year in a row to the Sandy Oktoberfest,
this three time grammy nominee from Nashville took the Oktoberfest
by storm, and looks to do the same again this year. The "Princess of
Polka " along with her band the boxhounds, bring "high energy"
accordeon blending traditional polka with a combination òf folk,
country, cajun, texmex and rock on mainstage of the Biergarten for
five shows over two nights.
- LynnMarie has performed on "" The tonight Show" with Jay Leno;
the Regis & Kelly Show; and "The Late Show with David Letterman"as
well having appeared at the "Grand Old opry". Once you see her
perform you will agree she is a "rising star".
- Raised on traditional polka music by her father, also an
accordeon player, LynnMarie can complete with anyone in the Polka
genre of music. and, as the first female earn a Grammy nomination
for "Best Polka Album,"LynnMarie is changing the face of polka with
rock, counry, and pop with a high energy performance has garnered
her worldwide recognition as an established artist with her fingers
on the pulse of what is considered a new generation of polka.
- Today, she is one of the most recognized and accomplished artist
of Polka. As she travels the world she is still amazed at the
loyalty of her fans, the new fans she turns on to polka music and
the many people who continually say to her: "I didn't know you could
do that with a accordeon!!!